Gleditsia triacanthos Sunburst
Gleditsia triacanthos Sunburst, Honey Locust. A deciduous fast growing tree with handsome fern-like golden yellow leaves in spring, maturing to pale green. Yellowing in autumn. Makes as an attractive feature specimen Max Height 30m. Max Spread 20m.
Plant in fertile well drained soil. Full sun, Hardy.
General Tree Planting and care
- Water the Tree thoroughly and allow to drain fully
- If the Tree is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base Adding a bucketful of planting compost
- Drive in one or two tree stakes a little off centre
- Remove the pot gently, if the tree is well rooted cut off the pot
- Position the tree against the stake if one stake is used or in the middle if two are being used
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in well
- Secure to the stake or stakes using one or two rubber adjustable straps
- Water the tree and area thoroughly, then again at least once a week during the first growing season
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring