Syringa meyeri Palabin
Syringa meyeri Palabin, Lilac. A compact rounded slow growing deciduous shrub with oval leaves and dense clusters of fragrant lavender-pink flowers in late spring and early summer. Excellent border specimen. Max Height 1.5m. Max Spread 1.5m. Flowers May to June. also available as a Patio Tree
Plant in fertile well drained soil. Full Sun, Hardy.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.