Spiraea Froebelii. Begins the growing season with very deep dark red slender foliage pushing out from it's stems, fading to green, with leaf ends often holding onto a bit of red. Blooms visit this fast growing deciduous shrub in late spring to early summer, creating a show of pink. Height: 3-4' and Spread: 3-4'.
Plant in moist well drained soil. Full Sun / Partial Shade.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.