Prunus Lusitanica, Portugal Laurel, Laurel. A dense conical, bushy evergreen shrub with glossy dark green leaves. Fragrant white flowers on pendent racemes in early summer, followed by red fruit ripening to black. Max Height 20m. Max Spread 20m. Flowers June to July. Fruits July. Seed kernels harmful if eaten. Often used for hedging.
Plant in moist acidic well drained soil. Full sun, Frost hardy.
Please contact us for full pricing and availability.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.