Pieris Japonica Variegata
Pieris Japonica Variegata. A rounded evergreen shrub with glossy green leaves, margined white. Clusters of pendent white flowers in late winter and spring. Makes an excellent border choice. Max Height 1m. Max Spread 1m. Flowers February to April.
Plant in moist well drained soil away from cold and drying winds. Full sun / partial shade, Frost hardy.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.