Hebe 'Highland Jubilee'
An attractive compact and hardy variegated shrub discovered here at Mclaren's Nurseries. Highland Jubilee is a sport of Hebe Carl Teschner also a very hardy shrub, grows well in patio containers or in the ground. Its all year colour and neat, compact growing habit is easy to maintain and only requires a light pruning after flowering. New growth begins with tinged pink - red shoot tip and matures to a lovely cream and green variegation, The light coloured lilac blue flowers in mid - late summer contrasts very well with the overall effect. Height and Spread 45cm. Position - Full sun.
Plant breeders rights
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.