Euonymus japonicus Marieke
Euonymus japonicus Marieke, Japanese Spindle. A compact slow growing deciduous shrub with rich green leaves that are margined creamy yellow, especially the young growth. At its best in a sunny position. An extremely attractive ground cover shrub. Max Height 60cm. Max Spread 60cm. Harmful if eaten.
Plant in well drained soil. Full sun / partial shade, Hardy.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.