Escallonia Donard Seedling
Escallonia Donard Seedling. An evergreen, arching shrub with glossy, dark green leaves. Produces pretty pink-tinted white coloured flowers opening from pink buds. Makes an excellent border specimen. Max Height 2.5m. Max Spread 2.5m. Flowers May to July.
Plant in fertile well drained soil in a sheltered site. Full sun, Hardy.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.