Cornus Alba Sibirica
Cornus Alba Sibirica, Westonbirt Dogwood. A deciduous vigorous upright shrub with bright red winter shoots. Dark green leaves, turn red in autumn. White flowers are followed by white berries, often tinged blue. An excellent border shrub. Max Height 3m. Max Spread 3m. Flowers April to June. Fruits July.
Plant in fertile well drained soil. Full Sun, Hardy. Cut back in the spring.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.