Cordyline australis Black Knight
Cordyline australis Black Knight. Striking evergreen shrub that is ideal for patio containers or summer bedding. Having an upright growth habit it grows from a singular woody stem. From this attractive purple coloured strap shaped foliage is born. Black Knight may form a small tree in milder areas. With an approximate max Height and Spread of 5 - 8 Ft x 3 - 5 Ft.
Plant in fertile well drained soil in a sheltered site away from cold drying winds. Full sun / partial shade, Not hardy. Protect from frost.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.