Clematis Jackmanii. Fast growing deciduous climber late flowering, with single velvety bluish purple coloured flowers with light greenish brown anthers. Makes an excellent wall climber. With a Max Height of 3m and a Max Spread of 1m. Flowers July to August.
Plant in fertile well drained soil. Full sun, Hardy. Cut back in spring to just above ground level.
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.