Aucuba Japonica Variegata
Aucuba Japonica Variegata. An evergreen shiny leathery shrub, oblong leaves heavily spotted with yellow a great, colourful shrub. Heavy production of red berries in late summer to fall, persisting until spring. Most female Acuba's are dark green with no spots. Gives nice foliage colour with the added benefits of the berries. Can also be grow as a house plant. Height and Spread 2.5m x 2.5m
Plant in moist well drained soil in a sheltered site. Full Sun / Partial shade, Hardy
General Shrub Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Shrub is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Position used. Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Shrub and area thoroughly.
- Water regular until Shrub is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.