Phormium Yellow Wave
Phormium Yellow Wave. A clump-forming evergreen perennial with arching narrow, yellow-green leaves striped mid-green. Tubular, dull red flowers in summer. Makes an attractive border grass. With a Max Height of 4m and a Max Spread of 2m. Flowers July to August.
Plant in moist fertile well drained soil in a sheltered site. Full sun, Frost hardy. Provide a winter mulch.
General Ornamental Grass Planting care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.