Phormium Flamingo, New Zealand flax. Colourful variety of New Zealand Flax. An evergreen clump-forming plant, it has leathery, spiky leaves, of a lovely deep pink colour, with a deeper pink margin. It grows to around 1m in height, and forms large clumps. Usage includes Border, Specimen, Container and Pot grass.
Plant in fertile moist well drained soil i a sheltered site. Full sun, Frost Hardy. Protect from winter wet.
General Ornamental Grass Planting care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.