Fascicularia Bicolor This exotic looking grass originates from chilie. The grass forms attractive rosettes of tiny foliage, red and green in colour. This plant needs a well drained sheltered spot to survive..
Plant in weaker well drained soil types. Full sun, Hardy. Protect from winter wet.
General Ornamental Grass Planting care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.