Brunnera macrophylla Variegata
Siberian Bugloss. A variegated beauty with dark green, heart-shaped leaves which are outlined with a broad, creamy-white margin. As with all the varieties, excellent mounding form. Bright blue flowers in spring. An outstanding ornamental for part to full shade, in moist, well-drained soil, Also does very well in a container. (12-18").
Plant in moist well drained soil. Partial / Full shade, Hardy.
General Herbaceous & Perennial Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.