Astilbe japonica Europa
Full, puffy plumes of soft baby pink make lovely garden accents and are also top-notch cut flower that may be used either fresh or dried. Europa blossoms earlier in the season than many Astilbe's, usually in late May or early June. A clump forming type with the ability to fill in nicely. Max Height 60cm. Max Spread 60cm. Makes an excellent Border or woodland specimen.
Plant in moist fertile soil. Full sun / partial shade, Hardy.
General Herbaceous & Perennial Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.