Rubus Blackberry Waldo
General Fruit Tree & Fruit Planting and care
- Water the Fruit or Fruit tree thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If planting the Fruit or Fruit Tree in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base Adding a bucketful of planting compost
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot
- If using a stake position the Fruit Tree against the stake if one stake is used or in the middle if two are being used.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in well.
- Secure to the stake or stakes using one or two rubber adjustable straps.
- Water the Fruit thoroughly, then again at least once a week during the first growing season.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.