Cherry Stella, sweet cherry. Stella sets very large crops for a sweet cherry. Plump, juicy fruit has robust flavour. An excellent pollinator for other varieties but needs no pollinator to bear fruit itself. Perfect for pies, jam, juice and eating fresh. Grown on Colt root stock for an ultimate (un-pruned) height of 8-12 feet. Stella grown on Compact stock grows more like a bush.
Plant in moist fertile well drained soil. Full sun / Partial shade, Hardy.
General Fruit Tree & Fruit Planting and care
- Water the Fruit or Fruit tree thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If planting the Fruit or Fruit Tree in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base Adding a bucketful of planting compost
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot
- If using a stake position the Fruit Tree against the stake if one stake is used or in the middle if two are being used.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in well.
- Secure to the stake or stakes using one or two rubber adjustable straps.
- Water the Fruit thoroughly, then again at least once a week during the first growing season.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.