Matteuccia Struthiopteris, Ostrich Fern, Shuttlecock Fern. Beautiful deciduous fern with bright pale green arching fronds which unfurl in spring to form tight shuttlecocks. ideal for use in a border or in a woodland situation. Max Height 1.6m. Max Spread 1m.
Plant in moist fertile soil. Partial shade, Hardy.
General Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.