Athyrium Filix-Femina, Lady Fern. Handsome deciduous fern with upright shuttlecock-like fronds in light green. Max Height 1.2m. Max Spread 60cm to 90cm. Uses include bog garden and woodland settings. .
Plant in moist fertile soil in a sheltered site. Shaded site, Hardy.
General Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding some planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the area thoroughly.
- Water regular until established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.