Chamaecyparis Law. Columnaris Glauca
Chamaecyparis Lawsoniana Columnaris Glauca. A narrow evergreen pillar shaped with ascending branches of bluish grey leaves. One of the best narrow conifers for the small garden. An attractive specimen Conifer. Max Height 10m. Max Spread 1m. Also available as atop worked patio tree and as an attractive topiary spiral.
Plant in fertile moist soil, full sun Hardy.
General Conifers Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Conifer is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if the Conifer is well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Conifer and area thoroughly
- Water regular until Conifer is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.