This is a dense, evergreen conifer with upward curving, silvery blue-green flattened needles which are blunt at the tips. Young trees are conical, slowly maturing to develop a dome-like crown. Insignificant, white blooms appear either evenly distributed across the plant or sometimes in interesting, distinct bands of colour. These flowers are followed by pale blue/green cones which are produced on the upper third of the conifer.Height 20m x 5m
General Conifers Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- If the Conifer is being planted in a lawn remove a circle of turf.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if the Conifer is well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Conifer and area thoroughly
- Water regular until Conifer is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.