Azalea Hatsugiri. A compact dwarf, evergreen shrub with clusters of bright pinky purple flowers in spring. Makes for an attractive colourful specimen. With a Max Height of 60cm and a Max Spread of 60cm. Flowers April to May.
Plant in moist acidic well drained soil. Full sun, Hardy. Provide a winter mulch for added protection.
General Azalea Planting and care
- Water the pot thoroughly and allow to drain fully.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot being planted and fork over the base. Adding a bucketful of planting compost.
- Remove the pot gently, if the Azalea is well rooted cut off the pot.
- Ensure that the top of the Root ball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Replace the remaining soil and heel in, water the Azalea and area thoroughly
- Water regular until Azalea is established.
- Apply some general fertiliser every spring.